Our purpose is to provide each student a comprehensive music education by teaching the skills necessary to succeed as young musicians and as young adults. Foster the development of essential character qualities including a commitment to excellence, a strong work ethic, personal integrity, leadership, and a respect for self and others. Enhance and promote Grassfield High School and the Grassfield community through the public performance of quality music. Provide a positive emotional outlet, a quality social activity, and a worthy use of free time.
We invite all students to take part in the Grassfield Band Program and all that it has to offer. We have designed the music curriculum to include something for everyone whether you play an instrument or are interested in other facets of the program, we have got a place for you!
For our students that are new to Grassfield, the band program becomes an instant family and can make a somewhat scary transition so much easier. The skills you learn in our music program to achieve quality performance levels are the same skills that will make you a successful individual. The members of the Grassfield High School Band Program are totally committed to self-discipline, individual responsibility, and excellence.
Our band program is committed to teaching students to become better musicians and guiding them to develop as into young adults.
Top 10 Reasons to Include MUSIC in Your Schedule
10. Satisfies the Fine Art credit required for graduation;
9. Meet new people and make close friends amongst our Music Fraternity;
8. Benefit from the rewards of hard work, self-discipline, and a commitment to excellence;
7. Learn lessons that apply far beyond the realm of music;
6. Benefit from rewards of hard work, self-discipline, and a commitment to excellence (so important I had to list it twice);
5. Perform in numerous events in front of 10,000+ people within a year;
4. Travel and experience various places both within and outside of Virginia;
3. Be among the music students who are on the honor roll or top 10% of their class.
2. Increase your chances at scholarship money for college.
And The #1 Reason Is…
1. Be a member of an award winning, quality program and have something to be proud of when you graduate!
Parents, you are encouraged to support your student and become active in the Grassfield High School Band Booster organization. For additional information on the Boosters and parental expectations, please review the Band Booster Page.